Traffic Division

Compliance and Payment Plans

The Clerk’s Compliance Program, formally known as Collections was implemented in 1999 as a more efficient way to collect current and past due fines and fees imposed by the judicial system.

Payment Options

Payments may be made at the following:

  • Any Clerk location
  • Any Amscot location
  • By mail

Payment Plan
If you have been granted the payment plan option, you must do one of the following to establish a monthly account:

  • Email Court Compliance to request a Payment Plan contract.


  • Come to the Downtown Clerk’s Office to request a Payment Plan contract. 

There is a $5.00 monthly fee assessed per case each month there is a balance due. 

If the payment is not received on or before the due date, there is a $10.00 late fee assessed to each case that is delinquent. 

Forms of Payment
  • Cash (in person only)
  • Personal check, money order or cashier's check (payable to the Orange County Clerk of Courts)
  • MasterCard, Visa, Discover and American Express (a $3.50 surcharge will apply)

The above information refers only to the Clerk's forms of payment. Please contact Amscot and the collection agencies directly for their forms of payment.

For restitution payments, only cash, cashier’s check or money orders are accepted.

Payment Plan Extensions

If you find you are unable to make payments as scheduled, you may email Court Compliance by visiting our Contact Us page or send a letter to the Criminal Division requesting an extension. For criminal cases, mail to:

Orange County Clerk of Courts
425 N. Orange Ave.
Suite 410
Orlando, FL 32801

You may also come to Suite 410 of the Orange County Courthouse.

Failure to Make a Payment

Official Notice – Missed Payments 

If you received a postcard that states Official Notice – Missed Payments, you must do one of the following to avoid collection agency action and driving privilege suspension:

  • Bring your account current on all charges immediately.


  • If you are unable to bring your account current, you must come to Suite 410 of the Orange County Courthouse for any month you are unable to make full payments.

Driver's License Suspension Notice 
If you received a driver's license suspension notice from the Department of Highway Safety & Motor Vehicles (DHSMV), and wish to reinstate your license, you must do one of the following:

  • Please Contact the Compliance Division or visit one of our four office locations, Ocoee, Apopka, Winter Park, or our downtown office. 


  • If your account is with a collection agency, you must contact that collection agency directly to determine eligibility in their relicensing program.

Collection Agencies

The Clerk’s Office is required to collect all court costs and fines within 90 days. If an individual's account is not paid in full within 90 days, or if on a Payment Plan and 90 days past due, the account is turned over to one of three collection agencies.

Relicensing Program
All collection agencies offer a relicensing program. Contact the agencies directly for details.

Once your account is turned over to a collection agency, all payments must be made through that collection agency. 

You may search your case on my eClerk to determine your case balance. Please contact the collection agency to determine the total amount owed.