Family Services

Child Support

The court may order child support through several different case types, including Dissolution of Marriage, Paternity and Child Support.

When child support is ordered, the judge may direct the parties to pay one another or mandate that all payments be made through the State Disbursement Unit (SDU). When payments through SDU are ordered, the Clerk of Courts becomes the keeper of the records.

General Payment Information

Paying Online

Customers can review recent payments and securely pay child support online through My Florida County. A convenience fee will apply.

When paying online, you will be asked to enter your Depository Number. Your Depository Number is your case number and must be entered using the format below:

  • Sample Case #2011-DR-12345 = Sample Depository #11-0012345-DR

Payments made on any non-Department of Revenue case are subject to a 4% Clerk fee of not less than $1.00 and not more than $5.25.

Paying by Mail

If mailing a child support payment, send to:

Florida State Disbursement Unit

P.O. Box 8500

Tallahassee, FL 32314-8500

When mailing payments, be sure to include the following information:

  • Full name
  • Social Security number
  • Where the court order originated (Orange County)
  • 11-digit case number(s)
  • The amount to be applied to each case, if multiple cases exist

Paying at Amscot

Child support payments may be made at any Amscot location. A convenience fee will apply. When paying, you will need to provide:
  • 2-digit Orange County code: 48
  • 11-digit case number(s)
  • Non-custodial last name

If you have child support payment questions, you can contact the following agencies:

  • Florida State Disbursement Unit at 1-877-769-0251
  • Department of Revenue Child Support Enforcement at 1-850-488-5437
  • Clerk’s Child Support Depository at 407-836-2059

Payment History Request

For payment history requests, complete the Payment History Request form and return it to:

Orange County Clerk of Courts
425 N. Orange Ave. 
Suite 315
Orlando, FL 32801

Late Payments

The information below outlines the penalty process if child support payments are late or missed.

Delinquency Notice (FL Statute 61.14)
Delinquency Notices are automatically generated when account is 15 days delinquent. The Clerk sends the payor a notice of delinquency to the address of record.  The payor has 15 days to make payment in full or file a motion to contest.

Payment in full must include fees listed on notice.

Judgment (FL Statute 61.17)
If payment or motion is not received within the 15 days, a Judgment/Certificate of Delinquency is filed. Interest will accrue on the account.  A Judgment/Certificate of Delinquency may appear on your credit report.

To satisfy a Judgment, you must do the following:

  1. Submit a Payoff Request form by mail or in person to 425 N. Orange Ave., Suite 315, Orlando, FL 32801. A fee of $25.00 is required. Please allow 7 to 10 days for processing. 

  2. Pay the statement amount in full by the due date (Note: missing the due date will result in an increase in the amount due and will require another payoff statement).

  3. Once payment has been processed, you will receive a Satisfaction of Judgment and a copy will be forwarded to Official Records Department of the Orange County Comptroller.

Driver’s License Suspension (FL Statute 61.13016)

The process to initiate a suspension of a driver’s license depends on whether the case is a Department of Revenue case or a non-Department of Revenue case. The Clerk’s Office can only initiate a driver’s license suspension on non-Department of Revenue cases.

For Department of Revenue cases, call 1-850-488-5437.

For non-Department of Revenue cases, the payee may request the payer's license be suspended if a case is 15 days delinquent by filing a Request to Initiate Driver's License Suspension. The Clerk’s Office will notify both parties of the intent to suspend the payor's driver’s license.

In response to the driver’s license suspension being initiated, the payor may do one of the following:

  • Make the payment of delinquency in full

  • Enter into a written agreement with the payee and provide the signed written agreement to the Clerk for filing

  • File a motion to contest the Driver License Suspension

Name and Address Change

If your name and/or address has changed, complete the Address and Name Change form and mail to the appropriate agency listed below:

Department of Revenue cases, both the Department of Revenue Child Support Enforcement Office and the Clerk’s Office must be notified.

non-Department of Revenue cases, only the Clerk’s Office must be notified.

Department of Revenue 
Child Support Enforcement Office                     
400 West Robinson St., 1st Floor 
Orlando, FL 32801 

Clerk of Courts
425 N. Orange Ave.
Suite 315
Orlando, FL 32801

Request Direct Deposit


Parties who have non-Department of Revenue cases and want to receive their child support payments by direct deposit must complete one of the following:


  • By Mail: Orange County Clerk of Courts, Child Support, 425 N. Orange Ave., Room 315, Orlando, FL 32801 (please include a copy of your valid state ID)
  • In person at our downtown location, 425 N. Orange Ave., Room 315, Orlando, FL 32801 (Valid ID required)

Processing your request may take up to 7 business days. Until the change takes effect, you may still receive a paper check. 

Modify Current Child Support Order

If there are any changes to your status, you will need to petition the court to modify your official child support order. 

To file a petition, you may purchase child support packets, including filing instructions, from:

Orange County Clerk of Courts
Room 315
425 N. Orange Ave. 
Orlando, FL 32801

You may also purchase packets online from our website.

Self Help Center - Child Support

The Clerk’s Office has a Self Help Center that is designed to provide legal assistance to Orange County citizens who do not have a private attorney.

The Self Help Center staff can assist customers with child support and child custody cases.

Self Help Center services include attorney consultations, form completion assistance and notary and copy services.

To learn more about the Clerk’s Self Help Center, including how to schedule low-cost attorney consultations, see the Self Help Center section.

Contact Child Support

Our clerks are here to help you, you can reach them directly by using this link: Child Support Contact Us page